Thursday, November 15, 2012

20th Verse ~ I am doing nothing. Rather, I am being done.


~20th Verse~

Give up learning and you will be free from all your cares.
What is the difference between yes and no?
What is the difference between good and evil?

Must I fear what others fear?
Should I fear desolation when there is abundance?
Should I fear darkness when that light is shining everywhere?

In spring, some go to the park and climb the terrace, but I alone am drifting, not knowing where I am.
Like a newborn babe before it learns to smile, I am alone, without a place to go.

Most people have too much; I alone seem to be missing something.
Mine is indeed the mind of an ignoramus in its unadulterated simplicity.
I am but a guest in this world.
While others rush about to get things done, I accept what is offered.
I alone seem foolish, earning little, spending less.

Other people strive for fame; I avoid the limelight, preferring to be left alone.  Indeed, I seem like an idiot:  no mind, no worries.

I drift like a wave on the ocean.
I blow as aimless as the wind.

All men settle down in their grooves; I alone am stubborn and remain outside.
But wherein I am most different from others is in knowing to take sustenance from the great Mother!

I am doing nothing.
Rather, I am being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment